The School for Workers offers classes in your part of the state to reflect the unique needs of your community or local. As a department of the University of Wisconsin-Extension, we partner with other state agencies and community groups, such as Milwaukee Area Technical College and the Milwaukee Area Labor Council, to offer community education. These programs are open to students who wish to study issues related to trade unionism and the world of work.
Please contact us to discuss setting up a class in your part of the state.
Examples of programming offered across Wisconsin include:
- Health Care
- Collective Bargaining
- Steward Training
- Labor History
- Professional Representation Skills
- “Right to Work” Labor Education Road Trip
- Wisconsin Workers Still Have Rights on the Job
2017 Community Classes
- October 10, 17 & 24 Steward Training Part 2: Next Steps
- September 30 – Family & Medical Leave Act – Milwaukee
- May 3 – SCFL Building Workplace Power # 3 – Madison
- April 24 – 25 – Steward Training – Fox Valley
- March 25 – Saturday Steward Training – Milwaukee
2016 Community Classes
- September Janesville Collective Bargaining Class
- September 29: SCFL Building Workplace Power # 2
- October Fox Valley FMLA Training
- November South Central Wisconsin Steward Training
- 2.27.2016 SFW Labor History Thru Film WAUSAU
Please contact us to discuss setting up a class in your area.