Customized classes have varied over the years depending on the interests of students and the issues facing labor organizations. Following is a list of typical classes that are available. It is possible to arrange classes on related subjects or on topics that are not listed below.
- Bargaining: including Benefits, Contract Language, Health Care, Collective Bargaining, Interest Based Bargaining and Pensions Bargaining
- Bullying in the Workplace
- Committee Effectiveness
- Employment Discrimination Law
- Financial Officer Training
- High Performance Work Systems
- Job Evaluation
- Labor History through Film: all era, from origins of the American Labor Movement to Workers and the Global Economy
- Labor Law
- Microcomputers in Collective Bargaining and Union Administration
- New Compensation Systems
- Occupational Safety and Health/Safety Committees
- One-on-One Campaigns
- Steward Training
- Strategic Planning
- Time Study
- Union Administration, Advanced Contract Administration
- Unions and The Media
- Warehouse Production Standards
- Workers Compensation
If you are interested in arranging a class, School for Workers can help tailor a program to meet your needs.
Call 608.262.2112 for details.